If you’re anything like us, you’ll be spending Valentine’s Day with your pets. And what better way to spend it!
You might think your pets don’t care about Valentine’s Day, but if you make it as special for them as it can be for us, then they’ll be sure to love it too! So today, check out this awesome, easy-to-make cranberry hearts recipe!
Heart shaped dog treats recipe
This homemade recipe contains only dog-safe ingredients. But remember, treats should only be given in moderation, especially if your dog has a sensitive stomach!
- 180g wholewheat flour
- 45g oatmeal
- 3 tbsp linseed
- 50g dried cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Mix your flour, oatmeal, linseed, and cranberries
- Mix the eggs and vegetable oil separately
- Mix everything together
- Sprinkle flour on your worktop
- Knead the dough, then flatten it with a rolling pin
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Bake 16-18 minutes
Let the biscuits cool before you feed them to your dog, and then, simply enjoy!
Valentine’s Day pet treats: Good to know
⏰ Total preparation time: 25 minutes
📈 Wamiz dog rating: 10/10
📈 Wamiz human rating: 8/10
💡 Wamiz tip: If you’ve baked a large batch, you can place a few in an air-tight container and pop them in the freezer. That way, whenever you want to show your dog some love in the next few months, you can spoil them with a delicious heart-shaped treat!
🍏 Nutritionist’s advice: Cranberries are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which boost the immune system. Linseeds are rich in omega 3 and 6, which are both beneficial for your dog’s coat and skin health! All in all, this treat is very healthy for your dog, but make sure not to give them too many at once, particularly if you own a small breed.
🐈 Suitable for cats: Yes, in moderation
Your dog won’t be able to resist being your Valentine after they get a taste of these delicious snacks! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Recipe inspired by: Babines En Cuisine by Sean McCormack and Hélène Gateau
Liked this recipe? Then you’ll love these too:
- Chicken Stock and Parsley Frozen Dog Treats
- Frozen Carrot Treats
- Frozen Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Dog Treats
- Frozen Watermelon Dog Treats
- Fruit and Frozen Yogurt Dog Bone Treats
- Halloween-themed Pet Chef Recipes and DIY: Pumpkin biscuits, fetch toys, tug toys
- Halloween-themed Pet Chef Recipes and DIY: Puppuccinos, tug toy, storage bucket
- Honey dog biscuits
- Minty Frozen Dog Treats for Bad Breath
- Peanut Butter Banana Dog Biscuits
- Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream for Dogs
- Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes