🐶 Find out your dog's personality


Owner in shock when she notices her dog has turned blue

Some dogs will eat anything and everything. Bones? Of course. Slippers. It’s been done before. Pillows? Sure! But an ink cartridge? That one’s new even to us!

By Natasha James

Published on the 16/11/2020, 21:00, Updated on the 08/02/2021, 13:24

A seven-year-old Bichon Frise turned herself blue when she snuck an ink cartridge out of her owner’s bin and gnawed through it.

Tracey Collins from Falkirk is the proud owner of two pups, a Bichon Frise and a Bichon cross.

Not just a trick of the light

She was heading to the kitchen to make herself her morning cup of coffee when she looked across and noticed that her Bichon, Rosie looked a little blue.

At first, she thought it must be a trick of the light but then Tracey noticed a chewed ink cartridge had been taken from the bin and realised what had happened.

Groomers visit in order

She rushed the pup straight up to the bath and called her husband to tell him the news before booking Rosie back in at the groomers.

While ink can be poisonous for dogs, it’s only dangerous if consumed in large quantities and it seems that little Rosie got more on her mouth than in it! The family kept a close eye on little Rosie but she didn’t seem at all upset, despite her new hue!

Happy but blue

The groomers had to shave most of Rosie’s fur to remove the ink and her little claws looked like she was wearing blue nail polish for weeks!

Tracey has since had to buy new bins to keep the cheeky pup out. She told The Metro,

“Rosie’s a cheeky little lady and a well-loved member of the family, she’s a wee star.”