It was in Pattaya, Thailand, that a dog owner began to worry for her beloved pooch. He had been vomiting consistently for several days, and just couldn’t get better. At a loss, the owner decided to take her dog to get checked out by a professional.
By, 7 Sep 2019
When the vet took a look at what was inside the dog’s stomach, he was more surprised than he’d ever been in his entire career. 'Incredible, yet true.' We’re pretty sure that’s what he said when he explained the situation to the dog’s owners.
Yep, you read that right. That’s exactly what the vet saw on the X-ray. Rubber. Ducks. Lots of them. With the X-ray alone, the vet wasn’t able to determine exactly how many were lodged in the poor pooch’s stomach, but it was definitely a large mass.
Although it induced a few giggles at the clinic, the amusement soon turned to worry as the vet realised the dog was truly suffering from the plastic party in his stomach.
A complicated operation
The vet quickly explained the situation to the dog’s family: the animal had to be operated on ASAP, for fear that the rubber duckies may reach his intestines, which could be fatal.
As the operation was under way, the vet realised the surprises didn’t end there: the dog had swallowed 32 WHOLE RUBBER DUCKS, along with two pieces of rubber bullets.
It ended better than it started
Fortunately, the pup was saved, made a full recovery, and is now living his best life at home, with his family. We could not be happier with the turnout of this story!
However, we take this opportunity to remind readers of the importance of puppy-proofing your home! Keep all potentially dangerous foods and objects out of your pup’s reach – most canines will eat anything they can sink their teeth into!