What is the difference between a Burmese and a Ragdoll?

lilythompson
lilythompson

Hello,

I would like to know the difference between a Burmese and a Ragdol.

Thank you in advance.

6 answers
matildadawson
matildadawson

The Burmese is a big softy, cushion hunter and calm. Its particularity is to never scratch. He can be chatty, that's his Siamese side, but not always. He loves the water (the beach, the swimming pools, the baths, etc.), again like the Siamese, you can walk him on a leash, and he is a wonderful companion for children and I am not talking about the dogs, they love them!

The ragdoll is calmer, it lives up to its name, it's a rag doll, it can stay for hours where we put him down, but it's a nice cat, so it all depends on what you're looking for in the character of the cat.

Reply to
jomccartney
jomccartney

And they have a two very opposed character. I much prefer the Ragdoll. The price is not the same either, the Ragdoll is more expensive.

Reply to
Wamiz_UK
Wamiz_UK

Hello Lilythompson,

For more information:
Burmese: https://wamiz.co.uk/cat/breeds/466/burmese
The ragdoll: https://wamiz.co.uk/cat/breeds/454/ragdoll

They have common genes but are two separate breeds.

Enjoy the read :)

Reply to
lolaholmes
lolaholmes

The Burmese is a descendant of the Persian and the Ragdoll of the Burmese, so they are very distant relatives. For characters, the Burmese is playful, is not clingy, and can "sulk" while the Ragdoll is gentle, quiet, and very attached to his owner. Personally I think Persians are the best of all cats...But I could be a little biased haha!

Reply to
patrickwood
patrickwood

My sister has a 7 month old Burmese cat, she likes to play, and she is very very affectionate, she loves to cuddle, she follows my sister everywhere, she rarely meows, she is in great shape, she is adorable ! ... Great cats in my opinion.

Reply to
lilythompson
lilythompson

I've been doing a bit of research on these two breeds. I think the biggest difference between a Burmese and a Ragdoll is going to be the weight! A ragdoll is a bigger cat. After the coat colors are identical.

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?