Does my dog like to be stroked and kissed?

Anonymous user
Anonymous user

I just love to stroke my dog, cuddle him, kiss him as you would do with a kid... Can't help it and he does not seem to mind, but does he really like it?

Thank you!

Joz

5 answers
elliesanderson
elliesanderson

My dog is my baby too! I like to think he doesn't mind all the attention, but I suppose it depends on the dog. 

Reply to
Wiggle1991
Wiggle1991
  • Expert verified

Make sure you read your dogs body language, so the interaction is positive. If they want to move away let them, try not to force affection on to them. They will come to you. 

Reply to
suziehill
suziehill

My dog loves kisses and cuddles! He would be mad at me if I didn't shower him with attention all the time I believe!!!

Reply to

Hi!

That's a great question ask as often we just assume all of our pets want lots of love and affection but as with people, they're individuals with a preference! I'm sure he LOVES them but it's always good to react to their body posture and expressions as this can give you all of the answers you need to your dogs level of comfortability! My dog is like my shadow, she wants constant love and affection but tells me when she's ready to be left alone for abit! I've attached some guides to help you out!

Reply to
Anawilliam850
Anawilliam850

Most dogs enjoy physical affection from their owners, including petting, cuddling, and kisses. However, it's important to keep in mind that every dog is different, and some may not enjoy being touched as much as others. Some dogs may become uncomfortable if they are hugged tightly, while others may love it. It's important to pay attention to your dog's body language and behavior to see how they are reacting to your affection.

Some signs that your dog may be enjoying your affection include relaxed body language, wagging tail, and leaning into you. If your dog seems uncomfortable or avoids your touch, it's important to respect their boundaries and give them space.

It's also important to keep in mind that some dogs may not enjoy being kissed on the face. While it may seem cute or affectionate to you, it can be uncomfortable or even stressful for your dog. Instead, try showing your affection through gentle petting, scratching, or cuddling in a way that your dog enjoys.

Overall, it's great to show your dog love and affection, but it's important to do so in a way that they enjoy and feel comfortable with. By paying attention to their behavior and respecting their boundaries, you can ensure that your dog feels loved and secure in your presence.

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?