Cat shedding

patrickwood
patrickwood

Anyone have any tips about dealing with cat shedding? Mine is starting to shed heavily with spring coming and I have furballs all over my house. I know I can’t stop her from shedding but if anyone has any efficient tips on managing cat hair in the house, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, Patrick

3 answers
reeceburton
reeceburton

I use a furminator with my cat. It really gets to the dense undercoat and helps to get rid of the dead hair. It works so well that you actually shouldn’t be using it every day!

Reply to

I agree that the Furminator works wonders! Absolutely recommend but can take time for your cat to get used to, mine wasn't a fan at first  but after some encouragement (with treats!!) she soon learnt to lay back and let me groom her! The glove style grooming tools are also really good and easy for helping manage the shedding! 

Adding a little bit of flax seed oil to their diet can work wonders for a cats coat aswell. This may help with day to day shedding! 

Reply to
lolaholmes
lolaholmes

Yes, furminators are terrific haha! Also, vaccuums and lint rollers are your friends. Sometimes I also use a rubber glove or humid towel on my sofa where the cat hair really sticks. Good luck!

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?