Cat toy suggestions

BeaA94
BeaA94

Hi Everyone! 

I'm adopting a brown Burmese from a shelter called Arlo. Apparently she used to spend a long time enjoying life outside, and i am worried that she wont accustom well to life being inside. Are there any toy suggestions that would help keep her engaged and entertained being inside? 

Any advice would be fantastic! 

Bea & Arlo

6 answers
c20Isabella
c20Isabella

You need to provide enough environmental enrichment for your cat so they stay entertained and engaged. Cats are highly active creatures who need regular stimulation from their environment. This implies your cat must have multiple things to do.
some toys suggestions:

cat Tree
hanging Tops 
puzzle Board 
Play Tunnels 
scratching

Reply to
jseraphin
jseraphin
  • Expert verified

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch! I think it’s great that you’re thinking about your pet’s mental health - you’re going to be a terrific owner!

I agree with the previous answer: cat trees, platforms, and scratching posts are the basics. In addition, you should purchase toys that can provide mental stimulation. Here are a few articles where you can find recommendations on the best toys for cats:

Hope these help! All the best for welcoming your new friend at home!

Justine Seraphin, BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Reply to
Pawrulz
Pawrulz

You can try these catnip toys or cat wand toy for your cat. 

Reply to
Anawilliam850
Anawilliam850

Any toys with catnip! my cats love catnip 

Reply to
AriannaC
AriannaC

Here are some popular types of cat toys that you might consider:

Balls: These can be great for cats that like to chase and pounce.

Wands: These toys typically have a feather or other dangling object at the end of a string. They can be good for interactive playtime with your cat.

Puzzle toys: These toys are designed to challenge your cat's mind and provide mental stimulation. They often involve hiding treats or toys inside a puzzle that your cat has to solve to get to the reward.

Scratchers: These toys are great for cats that like to scratch. They can help protect your furniture by giving your cat a designated scratching area.

Catnip toys: These toys are infused with catnip, which many cats find irresistible. They can be a great way to provide your cat with some extra stimulation and fun.

Reply to
samyo
samyo

any balls or catnip toys it helps a lot 

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?