How do I tire my cat out?

matildadawson
matildadawson

My cat is a bit of a basket case. She's constantly running around the apartment and jumping on the furniture...I just don't know how to get her to calm down. My sister visits with my baby niece quite often and I don't like her jumping around her all the time. If you have any suggestions, it would be very appreciated!

2 answers
jameswilson
jameswilson

Well if you live in an apartment your cat is inevitably going to be hyper...cats are meant to be outdoors, exploring and hunting, so being inside can be really restricting for them. That's why it's so important to provide them with lots to do inside. Do you have puzzle toys/feeders? Do you take the time to play with her at least 40 minutes a day? Does she have a cat tree or two that she can climb on? 

Reply to
patrickwood
patrickwood

Have you ever considered installing a catio on your balcony (if you have one of course)? It won't provide your cat with much physical exercise, but it will provide her with lots of mental stimulation, which should tire her out as well. I built one for my cat last year and she's been much happier since. Best of luck!

Reply to

Access the rest of the content after the ad

Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?