How long should a puppy wait before its taken out after its meal?

brunocorbyn
brunocorbyn

Hi, my mum just got a new puppy and we were wondering how long should we wait after the pup has eating to take him out to play and run. Many thanks,

6 answers
lilythompson
lilythompson

You can take him out 15 to 20 minutes after a meal for a 2 to 3 month old puppy, but don't make him run. At this age, a puppy sleeps, plays, eats and digests, like a human baby. Do not get him to run or jump until the age of 8 months to 12 months because of his joints, only walk him and play with him by stimulating him on the ground.

Reply to
jimdavis
jimdavis

20 to 30 minutes after his meal. However, keep an eye on your puppy once he's finished his meal, just in case he needs to go do his business, helps to avoid any bad surprises in the house!

Reply to
brunocorbyn
brunocorbyn

20 to 30 minutes after his meal. However, keep an eye on your puppy once he's finished his meal, just in case he needs to go do his business, helps to avoid any bad surprises in the house!

Yes that I know and despite the fact that when we take him out for a pee, he still does it a home. But I was just wondering about keeping him actif and how long we should wait after his meal.

Reply to
elisabethrobinson
elisabethrobinson

I also advise you to wait 15-20minutes after his meal, even if he does not spend all of his energy, it is essential to take him out after a meal because he will want to do his business (just like after the playtime session or when he wakes up). After, if it's for a playtime session and you want him to be active, playing after meals isn't the best (just like us if we're going to do a marathon after a meal ...), if you want to play with him and get him to be active, wait a little.

Reply to
elliesanderson
elliesanderson

I think you can take him out 15 min after or 30 min, it depends if he is tired after the meal, if he goes in his crate... He himself will decide when he wants to play and go out, he willlet you know don't worry. Well my dog does anyway.

I hope I could help you a little.

Reply to
brunocorbyn
brunocorbyn

Thanks guys for your answers!

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?