What is a suitable amount I can feed my cat treats?

daniellawton
daniellawton

What is a suitable amount I can feed my cat treats in a day?

8 answers
Wiggle1991
Wiggle1991
  • Expert verified

There is no right or wrong answer here, but make sure you are not over feeding. If you are giving more treats take it out of their food allowance for the day.ย 

You can also get a slow release treat feeder which will keep your feline friend occupied for longer and also it will challenge their mental capacity.ย 

Reply to

Hi Daniel!ย 
ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย It depends on the treat but roughly 10% if their daily calorie intake is generally a good rule of thumb to stick to!ย 
ย 

Some treats are high in sugars and fat so you don't want to cause issues later on for a short term pleasure. You could also find ways to treat your cat without the use of food items, such as new toys!

Reply to

Access the rest of the content after the ad

Btop
Btop

Personally, I feed my cat delicacies only when I train it. It only happens a few times a week, but I don't know exactly how often. You may find this information on the site. I wasย recommended readingย of this site when I asked on the forum whether a cat can have a piece of sandwich with mustard.

Reply to
Pawrulz
Pawrulz

I feed my catย Me o creamy treatsย on daily basis one time a day, I feed her treat generally in the evening. But you have to limit the amount of treat you give to your cat if you give her treats on daily basis, so keep this in mind.

Reply to
Anawilliam850
Anawilliam850

I said maybe 3-4 treats a day

Reply to
AriannaC
AriannaC

Th amount of treats you can feed your cat in a day depends on several factors, including your cat's weight, age, activity level, and overall health. As a general guideline, treats should not make up more than 10% of your cat's daily caloric intake.

A typical cat treat contains about 2-3 calories. So, if your cat eats 200-300 calories per day, it should have no more than 20-30 calories from treats per day. This equates to about 7-10 small cat treats per day.

However, it's important to note that some cats may have dietary restrictions or health issues that require them to avoid certain types of treats or limit their intake.

Additionally, overfeeding treats can lead to weight gain and other health problems, so it's important to use treats in moderation and as a supplement to a balanced and healthy diet.

As always, it's a good idea to consult with your veterinarian about your cat's specific nutritional needs and any concerns you may have about its diet.

Reply to
faiththompson
faiththompson

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ A Nutrient-Rich Delight for Your Feline Companion

Are you on the hunt for top-tier cat food that keeps your feline friend healthy and happy? Look no further than Purina Cat Chow High Protein Dry Cat Food! As an Amazon seller, I'm excited to share my thoughts on this exceptional product that has earned its place as a favorite among cat owners.

https://amzn.to/449I0aC

๐Ÿพ Nutrient-Rich Formula: One of the standout features of this cat food is its high protein content. Cats are obligate carnivores, and protein is vital for their overall health. Purina Cat Chow High Protein Dry Cat Food contains a balanced blend of protein sources that support your cat's muscle development and overall vitality.

๐Ÿพ Flavorful Variety: Cats are known for their discerning taste buds, and this cat food delivers on flavor. With its combination of real meat and poultry, it's no surprise that cats find this formula irresistible. It's a surefire way to keep your furry friend coming back for more, meal after meal.

๐Ÿพ Healthy Skin and Coat: The addition of Omega-6 fatty acids in this cat food contributes to maintaining healthy skin and a shiny coat. As an Amazon seller, you'll appreciate the positive reviews from satisfied customers who notice the visible difference in their cats' appearance after switching to Purina Cat Chow.

๐Ÿพ Digestive Support: Prebiotics are included in the formula to support healthy digestion. This is a crucial aspect of cat care that responsible pet owners truly value. Positive digestive experiences mean happy cats and satisfied customers who keep coming back for more.

๐Ÿพ Quality Assurance: As an Amazon seller, offering a high-quality product is paramount. Purina has a longstanding reputation for producing cat food backed by extensive research and quality control measures. This gives you the confidence to recommend a product that cat owners can trust.

In conclusion, Purina Cat Chow High Protein Dry Cat Food is a must-have product in your Amazon inventory. Its nutrient-rich formula, delicious taste, and health benefits make it an exceptional choice for cat owners who prioritize their pets' well-being. Selling this product means offering customers a reliable option for their feline companions, resulting in positive reviews and repeat business. Don't miss out on the opportunity to showcase Purina Cat Chow High Protein Dry Cat Food in your Amazon storeโ€”it's a win-win for both you and your customers! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ›’๐Ÿ“ฆ

Reply to
jbsmith
jbsmith

The recommended amount of treats for a cat can vary depending on the treat's size, ingredients, and your cat's size and activity level. As a general guideline, it's typically safe to offer 10-20 small treats per day. However, be cautious not to overdo it, as treats should only make up a small portion of your cat's daily calorie intake. Always check the treat packaging for specific feeding instructions.

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?