Peanut butter

lilythompson

I keep seeing adorable videos online of owners giving their dogs peanut butter as a treat but I recently read an article that said peanut butter can be really dangerous for dogs!! I’m so confused….can they or can’t they?

1 answer

It is very confusing and something I wasn't aware of until recently! The answer is that some peanut butters contain an ingredient called xylitolwhich is toxic to dogs and even eating small amounts can be fatal. Xylitol is an artificial sweetener that is used in foods to keep the product sugar-free! 
Therefore you must check the ingredients and go for peanut butters that don't contain it and have been processed the least!

 

On a side note those videos are very cute and such a good idea! But do be warned that in some cases the dogs have bitten their owners heads or scratched their faces. I recommend using a plastic face shield or helmet atleast haha!

Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?