My dog's eye is growing red. What Should I Do?

jamessmith
jamessmith

My dog's eye is growing red. What Should I Do?

1 answer
dogwithsickness
dogwithsickness

Yeah, I was in the same problem, and then I read an article about eye illness in dogs, as well as multiple other articles on the issue, but first and foremost, you must understand the symptoms to ensure that the condition is not a threat to eye health. After that, I grasped the precautions and care, and now I'll explain what I've learned and practiced.

1: Precautions:

• Avoid touching or rubbing your dog's eyes, as this can further irritate the infection.
  • Keep your dog's living environment clean and free from potential irritants, such as dust or allergens.
  • Prevent your dog from scratching or pawing at their eyes, which can worsen the infection or cause injury.
  • Wash your hands thoroughly after handling your dog's eyes to prevent spreading the infection.

2: Care Tips:

• Gently clean your dog's eyes with a saline solution or eye wash recommended by your veterinarian to remove discharge or debris.
  • Use a damp, clean cloth to wipe away any crust or discharge from around your dog's eyes.
  • Keep your dog's fur trimmed around the eyes to prevent irritation and accumulation of debris.
  • Ensure your dog has access to clean water and a balanced diet to support overall health and immune function.

treatment:

for bacterial infection:

You can use neomycin ointment and chloramphenicol in a drop form, two drops twice in both eyes and at night you apply Neomycin on a dog's eyes.

for fungal infection:

You can use clotrimazole ointment and natamycin in a drop form, two drops twice in both eyes and at night you apply clotrimazole on a dog's eyes

However, if you do not see any improvement, it is best to consult with a veterinarian; otherwise, your dog's vision may suffer.

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?