TPLO Surgery

julialbie
julialbie

My 12 year old Samoyed is limping and moaning for the past few days. He also stopped playing and just laying around. I think she tore her ACL based on what I have read online. We scheduled a vet visit on Monday. Has anyone of you ever experienced this? Please let me know. Thank you.

3 answers
jseraphin
jseraphin
  • Expert verified

Hi there,

A torn ACL can be very painful indeed, especially in the first few days after the injury, so it could explain your dog's behaviour and limping. Sometimes, all that is needed to recover is a little rest and immobilization. In other cases, however, surgery is needed to permanently fix the instability and pain caused by a torn ACL. Your vet will be able to advise you best on the course of action you should take!

Hope your dog is feeling better!

Best,

Justine Seraphin, BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Reply to
Anawilliam850
Anawilliam850

It's possible that your Samoyed has a torn ACL, but it's important to wait for a veterinary diagnosis to confirm. Lameness and reluctance to play or move around can be symptoms of a variety of issues, including arthritis, hip dysplasia, or a soft tissue injury.

In the meantime, it's best to limit your dog's activity and avoid activities that may exacerbate the injury. Providing a comfortable, padded place for your dog to rest can also help. You can also try applying a cold compress to the affected area to help reduce inflammation and pain.

Once your vet has diagnosed the issue, they can provide you with the appropriate treatment plan, which may include rest, pain medication, physical therapy, or surgery depending on the severity of the injury. In the meantime, it's important to monitor your dog's behavior and keep them comfortable.

Reply to
jesomg
jesomg

Pet red light therapy is a non-invasive treatment method, which helps dogs to heal themselves naturally. It has a wide range of medical treatment applications. It is proved that it can effectively accelerate the natural repair of the body, relieve pain, speed up wound healing, and reduce swelling and inflammation by using the red light treatment ability of specific wavelength and frequency.

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?