Which type of Food is best for cats Dry or Wet?

Catlover
Catlover

I am a single pet parent with a cat named Bella. I work all day at the office, and my cat is left alone in the house. I used to feed her dry food, sometimes raw chicken, and sometimes wet food, but I'm wondering which type of food is best for her, and should I try to make food for her myself?

8 answers
Pawrulz
Pawrulz

I feed my cat Me-O wet cat Food and up till now, it show me good health effects on my cat. 

Reply to
AriannaC
AriannaC

Both dry and wet food can be suitable for cats, and each type has its advantages and disadvantages. Ultimately, the best type of food for your cat will depend on their individual needs and preferences.

Dry food, also known as kibble, is convenient to store and serve, and it can help maintain your cat's dental health by reducing plaque buildup. It is also usually less expensive than wet food. However, some cats may not drink enough water when eating only dry food, which can lead to dehydration and other health issues.

Wet food, also called canned or moist food, can provide additional moisture and hydration for your cat, which is especially important for cats with kidney or urinary tract issues.

It can also be more palatable for picky eaters and can help with weight management. However, it is generally more expensive than dry food, can spoil faster, and may contribute to dental problems if fed exclusively.

In general, it's recommended to feed your cat a mix of both dry and wet food to provide a balanced and varied diet. You can consult with your veterinarian to determine the best type and amount of food for your individual cat's needs.

Reply to
downtownanimals
downtownanimals

As for your cat's diet, it's essential to ensure that she's receiving proper nutrition and a balanced diet. While dry and wet cat foods can be an excellent source of nutrition for cats, feeding her fresh food can also be beneficial.

Foods that cats can eat include fish (cooked without bones), beef, applesauce, chicken bones, turkey, lamb, and organ meats like liver and kidney. Additionally, you can also feed your cat small amounts of fruits and vegetables like pumpkin, blueberries, and spinach.

If you decide to prepare your cat's meals yourself, ensure that you consult with a veterinarian or a veterinary nutritionist to ensure that your cat is receiving all the essential nutrients she needs.

Reply to
Linda2003
Linda2003

I usually buy food for it on the internet and sometimes treat it when it's sick :))

Reply to
jbsmith
jbsmith

I think it's wet food. My cat used to eat dry food too fast and puke them up coz he didn't chew enough

Reply to
Pets-Lover
Pets-Lover

I would suggest pumpkin and wet food. You can make white rice, pumpkin, chicken. All these nutrient rich food are in one dish that can fulfill cat's every need. 

Reply to
aroundtheworldcarla
aroundtheworldcarla

It depends a lot on your cat's preferences! Cats, the same as us, like some things more than others (fish over meat, soft over crunchy, etc). Depending on what they were fed when they were kittens and what the mum used to eat, they will develop a wider range of foods that they like or not. By all means it is essential that you make sure that your cat has a source of water (either by proving this on a water bowl, water fountain, or through wet food). Is not in cat's nature to drink from a bowl so a lot of them might not do it. However we need to make sure that they take it from any other sources to prevent urinary or renal issues. The most important thing is definitely that the amount of food given is adjusted properly to the ideal cat's weight and we don't overfeed, as otherwise we might be increasing the risk of our cat suffering from obesity, or even diabetes in the long term.

Reply to
aroundtheworldcarla
aroundtheworldcarla

It depends a lot on your cat's preferences! Cats, the same as us, like some things more than others (fish over meat, soft over crunchy, etc). Depending on what they were fed when they were kittens and what the mum used to eat, they will develop a wider range of foods that they like or not. By all means it is essential that you make sure that your cat has a source of water (either by proving this on a water bowl, water fountain, or through wet food). Is not in cat's nature to drink from a bowl so a lot of them might not do it. However we need to make sure that they take it from any other sources to prevent urinary or renal issues. The most important thing is definitely that the amount of food given is adjusted properly to the ideal cat's weight and we don't overfeed, as otherwise we might be increasing the risk of our cat suffering from obesity, or even diabetes in the long term.

In relation to this, because you mentioned that your cat is going to be left alone in the house while you are at work, have you had a look at automatic feeders? Some of my clients use them for our patients to ensure that they are fed whatever while they are at work, and would definitely help with your pet's eating routine and to control that she is not eating too much. Most of them can only be used with dry food, but others allow wet food and a home-cooked diet because it is not a dispenser but an actual bowl. Perhaps you can find more information in this article, where they review each one in detail: https://pettechsolutions.net/best-automatic-cat-feeders/ 

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?