Lug worm

Newpass1
Newpass1

Harris ate a lug worm that he dug up on the sea shore.. will this harm him.

1 answer
jseraphin
jseraphin

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. 

Eating a lug worm shouldn’t cause your dog harm. However, ingesting sand and sea water can be extremely dangerous - particularly if you have blue-green algae in your area.

If your dog ever eats a lug worm, just keep a close eye on them afterwards. If you notice any signs of vomiting, diarrhoea or lethargy, don’t hesitate to get in touch with your vet.

If you want to know more about what to watch out for at the beach, you can read this helpful article: https://wamiz.co.uk/dog/advice/32711/safety-tips-to-keep-in-mind-if-you-re-taking-your-dog-to-the-beach-this-summer

Hope Harris was fine after his beach snack!

Best,

Justine Seraphin, BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?