Help, first time...not sure

BamBam
BamBam

Hello, 

just looking for some advice, a neighbour has left her home on an emergency basis (DV). She has asked us to look after her cat.. she's not coming back, so ours. 

shes not been out since in our care, yet is quite clearly pregnant, I've never been through  this before, I have a 10 year old rescue cat, who has been with us 7 years. 

Does anyone have any clues how far gone she is? And if vets allow spaying while pregnant (ethical or not, just looking at all options) 

3 answers
matildadawson
matildadawson

I'd say it looks like she's 3-4 weeks in? But I'm not an expert! I think you can get cats spayed when they are pregnant, personally I'd wait and do it after she has her kittens but you should discuss this with your vet. Best of luck!

Reply to
jbsmith
jbsmith

It's best to consult a veterinarian who can provide a more accurate assessment of her pregnancy and discuss spaying options. Some vets may consider spaying a pregnant cat, but it's essential to discuss the health implications with them first.

Reply to
lucymartin
lucymartin

It's best to consult a veterinarian who can provide a more accurate assessment of her pregnancy and discuss spaying options. Some vets may consider spaying a pregnant cat, but it's essential to discuss the health implications with them first.

Yes you are right Smith

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?