Breeding

Jericha
Jericha

What would be a reasonable sum for a stud fee?

Only I've been asked if my boy Zak (who is white) could be used to cover a brindled whippet. Never having been involved in these things before, I have no real idea of what to ask for.

2 answers
jimdavis
jimdavis

I literally have no idea, I'm not very familiar with the topic. But with a quick Google search, I found that a lot of Whippet studs are being advertised at between £100-£400. I guess the amount really depends on the individual dog, e.g., if they are registered with the Kennel Club, if they've won any shows, etc. 

Reply to
Anawilliam850
Anawilliam850

Determining a reasonable stud fee for your dog can depend on several factors, including the breed, pedigree, reputation, and demand for your dog's bloodline. As a general rule, stud fees typically range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars.

When determining a stud fee, you should consider the cost of your dog's care, training, and breeding-related expenses such as health testing, registration, and advertising. You may also want to research the average stud fees for your dog's breed and bloodline to get an idea of what others are charging.

It's important to have a written contract in place that outlines the terms of the stud service, including the stud fee, breeding conditions, and any guarantees or responsibilities that come with the service. This can help ensure that both parties understand and agree to the terms of the agreement.

Ultimately, the stud fee should be fair and reasonable for both you and the other party, while taking into account the value of your dog and the costs associated with breeding. It's always a good idea to consult with a professional breeder or veterinarian for guidance on determining a reasonable stud fee for your dog.

Reply to
Confirmation of deletion

Are you sure you want to delete this message?