Is your kitty among the best dressed cats as we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
As we prepare to commemorate St. Patrick’s Day on 17th March, discover what our best dressed cats will be wearing as they join in the fun celebrations.
Published on the 17/03/2019, 16:00, Updated on the 19/12/2019, 15:27
St Patrick’s Day, or St, Paddy or Patty’s Day as it’s sometimes called, is a day filled with not only history, but also myths, magic, legends and of course, lots of green beer! As many humans will dress up in elaborate green-coloured, symbolic costumes, some dogs too, how can you make sure your kitty joins in the fun?
Remember to dress your cat responsibly
Not all cats like to wear costumes and clothing articles, so please bear this in mind when choosing an appropriate outfit for your kitty for St. Patrick’s Day. If your cat isn’t happy, don’t even try to fit her into a tight jumper or a hat. Many cats won’t mind putting on a green collar, or even a bow tie and if you’re lucky to have a cat that will tolerate wearing these things, you can celebrate in style. Your cat is sure to be the best dressed cat in the area!
Here are some dressing-up suggestions that you can buy or make for your cat:
1. A bright green or shamrock-decorated Bandana – make sure this isn’t tied tightly around her neck.
2. A bow-tie is fairly easy to make using different shades of green ribbon. Fasten it onto the cat’s collar. Embellish it with a green button or even a tiny gold bell.
3. A cat will often tolerate wearing a jumper, providing it’s not too tight around her tummy and doesn’t restrict movement.
4. You will be lucky if your cat will keep a hat on her head, but perhaps long enough for you to take a selfie pic.
5. If all else fails, decorate around the cat’s basket with some decorative, green bunting, adorned with shamrocks.
St. Patrick’s Day has everything for humans, animal lovers and kitty parents too. As we celebrate with lots of craziness, leprechauns, rainbows and shamrocks, don’t forget that it can also be quite overwhelming for our pets.
Here we commend some of the fantastic fancy dress outfits that the best dressed cats are wearing for St Patrick’s Day this year. Make sure your cat is one of them!