A couple of weeks ago, black and white cat Berry was brought to Willows Veterinary Centre and Referral Service because she wasn’t eating.
As soon as the vet saw her, she realised that the cat was very dehydrated. And after feeling her stomach, she discovered it was because of something lodged inside of her digestive tract.
The vet performed an x-ray and saw what looked to be like a large mass of hairbands extending from Berry’s stomach to her oesophagus. An emergency surgical incision was made to access and remove the hairbands, and within a day, Berry was back home, safe and sound.
Hairbands and cats don’t mix
Hairbands are, of course, now banned from Berry’s household - over the course of a just few months, the two-year-old cat had managed to gobble up over 50 of them!
Thank goodness she’s feeling better now - and remember, this is a lesson in the importance of always cat-proofing your home! Don't leave any hairbands lying around!
You may also like:
- Owner shares x-ray of her dog to warn others of the dangers of the beach
- Beagle gets an X-ray: the vet is flabbergasted