Bo the Portuguese Water Dog was one special pup. In a post to Instagram, Michelle Obama shared the sad news that he’d passed away, saying:
In honour of Bo, we've been trawling Instagram for our favourite pics that prove that he was the best boy!
1. Bo made the White House fun
Whether lolloping across the White House lawns or sitting pretty on the red carpet, Bo always managed to bring a sense of fun to the White House.
2. …but he wasn’t afraid to show his pedigree either
Yes, Bo was a lovable, playful pup but he also brought the gravitas too.
3. When the situation called for it, Bo could be called upon to make tough decisions
If Barack and Michelle were busy, then Bo could be relied upon to step up and stand in.
4. If there were snacks to be eaten, Bo could be counted on to eat them
Spare treats going begging? Don’t panic, Bo was always on hand to snaffle them up.
5. Bo showed us how human the Obamas were
Whatever your political allegiance, it’s hard not to have a soft spot for the Obama family. Bo reminded us all that despite holding the most powerful position in the world, the Obamas are a normal family who love their pup.
Enjoy your journey over the rainbow bridge little guy - we hope it's filled with treats and tummy rubs.