10 weird things that cat owners do in secret but would never admit to
If you have a cat, there are things you probably do that fellow cat owners would understand but would seem weird to other people. What are you willing to admit to?
Published on the 19/10/2020, 09:00, Updated on the 08/02/2021, 13:24
You love your cat, and you can't do enough to make sure that your feline friend is as happy as possible. But to anyone without a cat, the things you do are just plain weird, which is why you do it in secret.
You may have thought it was just you, but the good news is that you are not alone. Whether they admit it or not, all cat owners have done the things on the list below at least once!
10 weird things cat owners do
- You use a particular voice when talking to your cat and even refer to yourself as their mummy or daddy when talking to them.
- You pretend you are having proper two-way conversations with your cat.
- You convince yourself that even when your cat attacks you and is hanging off your arm, it's just because they love you.
- You put up with them standing directly in front of the TV when you are watching your favourite programme.
- When your arms and legs have gone to sleep, you won't move because your cat is sitting on you.
- You thought long and hard about the name you'd give your cat, but you rarely use it and instead call them a made-up name that sounds completely ridiculous to anyone else.
- You try to hold your cat's paw whenever you can (especially when watching a scary film).
- You make everyone in the house come and see the incredibly cute thing your cat is doing (even though they are just doing the same thing they always do).
- You walk around holding your cat in your arms pretending they are a baby.
- You own a cat, therefore, you believe you have an infinity with every other cat in the world and insist on talking to and stroking EVERY single cat you meet.
And by the way, there is NOTHING wrong with any of these things!
Watch also: Scientists finally prove common bodily function is the way to your cat's heart