Owner rushes to stop cycle when she hears thumping noises coming from machine
A cat owner in New York has shared a photo of the moment she took her very soggy moggy out of the washing machine after it took an accidental spin.
Published on the 01/09/2020, 10:00
Cats are known to enjoy getting into unusual spaces, particularly those spaces that aren’t designed for a feline. Even your home appliances.
When Janae Blackman closed the door of her washing machine all she was thinking about was getting her laundry done. Little did she know that there was something else in her washing machine besides the rugs she wanted to wash. Or should that be someone?
But as she walked away from the machine, she quickly realised something was wrong. As the machine started spinning it didn’t sound right and there was a strange thumping noise. Then to her horror, Janae heard the distinctive sound of a loud meow.
Janae raced over to the washing machine and opened the machine door as quickly as she could. There inside was a frightened and very soggy moggy. It seems that her five-month-old cat Optimus Jack had snuck into the machine under the rugs before Janae turned it on. Furtunately, thanks to her quick actions, the poor feline was ok, despite looking very sad and wet.
Once Janae was sure the cat was fine and she herself had recovered from the shock (and stopped laughing with relief), she took to Facebook to share photos of her poor soaked cat as a warning to other cat owners to check their machines before turning them on.