😺 Take the cat personality test NOW


Vets and owner shocked when they discover what this Schnauzer's been snacking on

Alfie the Schnauzer taking a walk dog-wow
© 93.3 WBZD - Classic Hits - Facebook

A Newcastle dog was admitted for emergency surgery last month after being found with an array of objects in his stomach. Read on to discover what Alfie had been up to.

By Nick Whittle

Published on the 11/07/2020, 21:00, Updated on the 08/02/2021, 13:26

It came as a shock to Neil Taylor when Alfie vomited four golf balls. Mr Taylor often walked his 10-year-old dog through the local golf course, but never did he think that his beloved Schnauzer was guzzling everything he set his eyes on. 

The appearance of the four balls was only the start of things. Inside Alfie lay unseen a myriad of items snuffled by the dog on his morning strolls. 

With the vomiting came poorliness prompting Taylor to visit his local vet. What was found startled vet and owner alike: an x-ray revealed a further 15 golf balls in the poor dog’s tummy. 


A dog from Newcastle, England recently swallowed 26 golf balls. Neil Taylor says, unbeknown to him, his dog, Alfie, ate...

Posted by 93.3 WBZD - Classic Hits on Monday, July 6, 2020

Emergency slice

On June 16th surgeons found a further six golf balls, a ball of string, bits of wood and a pair of rubber gloves. The operation cost Taylor a whopping £2,500. 

Writes Trendswide, Taylor said, “I only have one dog and he’s like my son. It was a huge relief when we were given the all clear by the vets.

Does your pet need to be seen by a vet? Read our advice about booking a vet online

“He has been recovering well from the operation. It’s lovely to have him acting like his normal, playful self again.”

All in all, it is a wonder how Alfie survived. But survive he did, and he is now on his way to a full recovery!