Brave boy aged 5 hailed a hero after saving his family and dog from house fire
A family and pet dog in Georgia owe their lives to a heroic five-year-old boy whose quick actions and incredible bravery saved them all from a house fire.
Published on the 29/05/2020, 21:00
Noah Woods was sleeping in the bedroom he shared with his little sister Lily when he suddenly woke up realising that his house was on fire. Noah immediately picked up his sister and carried her over to a nearby window ensuring she quickly got to safety.
The next family member on his mind was his dog. So Noah went back to find the family’s beloved pet dog and ensured they got to safety too.
But that wasn’t the end of Noah’s incredible act of bravery. The boy then went back into the house to alert his seven relatives about the fire, so they could all escape to safety. Thanks to Noah, everyone was able to escape the fire with only minor burns and smoke inhalation.
Hailed a hero
Noah’s amazing heroism caught the attention of Bartow County Fire Department who made Noah an honorary firefighter. He will be awarded a lifesavers’ award which is usually given to professional rescuers. The chief of the fire department praised Noah’s quick thinking which saw him able to save nine family members and his pet from getting in the fire.
Well done Noah!