Abused and dumped: Sound of crying leads woman to make heartbreaking discovery

Woman walker makes shocking discovery in bushes dog-sad
© Pixabay

When a woman from Łódź in central Poland decided to take a walk, she could never have predicted that she would end up being responsible for saving nine precious lives.

By Zoe Monk

Published on the 14/12/2019, 13:00, Updated on the 19/12/2019, 15:22

The woman was talking a walk when she began to hear a strange sound coming from some bushes. As the noise became louder, it sounded to the woman as if it was a child crying.

Shocking discovery

Understandably concerned, the woman decided to take a closer look. She headed over to the bushes where among some tall grass, she found seven little black puppies whimpering. At first, there was no sign of the mother, but she eventually appeared.

The poor dog was thin, weak and her head was covered in what looked like cuts. She was so weak she didn’t even get agitated or aggressive towards the woman when she picked up the puppies.

Desperate and grateful

In fact, she didn't even bark. The poor desperate dog actually seemed grateful to the woman and simply went up to her and licked her hands.

Upset by what she had discovered, the woman immediately called the Animal Patrol. Officers arrived and rushed the puppies and mother to the vets.

The vet thoroughly examined the dogs and made the shocking discovery that the injuries on the mother's head were likely to have come from heavy blows inflicted by someone using a blunt tool.

Trusting pups

Despite everything the dog had been through, the mother seemed to trust the vets and patrol officers, probably grateful that finally she and her puppies were getting the help they desperately needed.

No one knew what had happened to the dog and her litter and who had not only inflicted such terrible injuries to the mother but also dumped the dogs in the area.

Power of social media

Animal Patrol officers posted photos of the dogs on their Facebook page. They hoped it would help them to find out who was responsible.

Thanks to the internet and power of social media, officers received valuable information which led them to track down the person responsible who could now face up to three years in prison.