Trending :
wamiz-v3_1

Which breed is perfect for you? 🐶

Advertisement

Police stop by a party and can't believe what they see in the dog's bowl

Picnic scene with small dog
© Shutterstock

A party in the park of a small town in the French Alps turned sour after police made a shocking discovery. Read on to discover how a random visit from the Rozzers saw one careless dog owner fined and, in the end, threatened with losing his pooch.

By Nick Whittle, 12 Sep 2019

In the town of Albertville a group of friends enjoyed a late-summer party. A picnic was laid out and there was plenty of alcohol on offer. In fact, by the early hours of the morning the picnickers were drunk enough to draw attention to themselves.

In the end, two Savoyard police officers were called to bring to an end the merriment. While they talked to the group, the officers noticed a puppy that looked worse for wear. The Bernese Mountain Dog staggered about seemingly drunk.

When questioned, the puppy’s 25-year-old owner freely admitted to having poured alcohol into its bowl.

Unimpressed, the police arrested the puppy’s owner and requisitioned the dog.

Fined and punished

For his irresponsible behaviour, the man who owned the puppy was fined 750 Euro for causing an animal distress. Fortunately, the animal was immediately taken to a local vet, who managed to de-toxify the dog and save its life.

Writes EN24, the Albertan resident is likely to lose his dog to the Société Protectrice des Animaux. The Society remarked during the trial that a dog given alcohol can easily die from the toxic effects of the liquid.

Generally speaking, dogs should not be fed or given food or drink that is designed for human consumption. Even in small amounts, some things we eat and drink contain substances that are toxic to dogs. For instance, check out our advice article about the dangers of chocolatefor dogs.