Trending :
Wamiz Logo


Elevator leash accident is a chilling reminder that disaster can hit in seconds

Woman stands in front of elevator
© Tamara Brown - Facebook

Tamara Seibert, a 25-year-old Ryerson University student, was not prepared for the horror she was going to have to face when she entered her building’s elevator on that fateful morning.

By Justine Seraphin , 14 May 2019

Tamara was going for a walk with her Rottweiler Vado, and her friend’s Pitbull. It was supposed to be a beautiful day. But once she enters the elevator, everything goes wrong.

Elevator security camera captures the shocking scene

You can see Tamara getting onto the elevator, nonchalantly, followed by her two pooches. She clicks on a button and the doors close. But as they close, Tamara realises one of the leashes is stuck in the door. She tries to pull back the leash with her feet, but it’s too late.

Suddenly, her huge Rottweiler flies into the air, pulled by the brute force of the machine. Tamara is seen frantically trying to save her beloved dog, lifting him up and attempting to unhook the leash from the collar.

The dog gesticulates desperately, as the elevator pulls him tighter and tighter by the neck.

Finally, after what seems like hours, the dog drops to the floor as Tamara is finally able to unhook the leash.

A traumatic experience

She is seen gasping for breath, crying, disoriented, and holding her hands in pain. Tamara broke her wrist and two fingers trying to save her dog’s life, and it wasn’t in vain. Thankfully, the dog survived the ordeal, but the greatest scars are the one’s left on his loving owner.

In a split second, her life took the darkest turn. In an attempt to educate people and bring awareness to the dangers of loose leashes in elevators, she posted the video to her Facebook.

“I never want anyone else to ever go through this. You can’t see my face but I’ve never been so hysterical in my life,” she wrote.

The incident occurred many years ago now, but awareness must continue to be spread. Keep leashes in hand when you board an elevator, keep your pooches safe!

Warning: the following video can be difficult to watch for sensitive viewers.

***Disturbing content**I just want to warn ppl to be super car...

I can't believe its been almost a month since I went through one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. I thought I was about to lose the love of my life (my puppy) and seriously mangled my hand in the process. I am posting this because thank god my dog survived but I want to warn people how fast something so simple can go horribly wrong. I never want anyone else to ever go through this. You can't see my face but I've never been so hysterical in my life.

Posted by Tamara Brown on Monday, March 24, 2014