Trending :
wamiz-v3_1

Advertisement

Guilty dog realises he messed up when owners are out £290

Labradoodle sits next to the pile of cash he ate
© Murphy & Co Veterinary Practice - Facebook

This 9-year old Labradoodle sure had an expensive dinner when he ate an envelope full of money and had to go the vet’s to get it out safely.

By Justine Seraphin Published on 5 May 2019

Neil and Judith Wright, of Llandudno, North Wales, sure love their dog. But on this day, little Ozzie was hard to love.

It’s not chicken, but it’ll do

Indeed, when an envelope containing money was pushed through the letterbox of their front door, Ozzie pounced right onto it. Playful or hungry, who knows, but this dog definitely had a feeding frenzy on the cash-filled mail!

Judith, his owner, told Sky News: “Someone had owed us money and popped it through the letterbox for us, that’s how Ozzie got hold of it.”

The pup was immediately taken to Murphy & Co Veterinary Practice in Llandudno, who promptly induced vomiting in the little dog.

A costly dinner

As well as the £160 in 20-pound notes that he had scarfed down, Ozzie also threw up a plastic money bag and a circular money clip.

Mr Wright said that between the money Ozzie swallowed and the cost of seeing the vet, the couple were out almost £300.

Their next plan of action will be to fit a cage around the letterbox in order to prevent Ozzie from being able to catch anything else appetizing coming through there.

Although he may have thought it a great idea at the time, Ozzie doesn’t look too proud in the snaps the vets took of him after his ordeal. Maybe next time go for something actually edible Ozzie? And cheaper, eh?

 

It's been an expensive Monday for Ozzie's owners... 😬🐾🤦‍♀️ #labradoodle #ozzie #naughty #llandudno #wales #vets #veterinary #money #dog #dogsofinstagram

Posted by Murphy & Co Veterinary Practice on Monday, April 29, 2019